Gareth Bryant's Pageviews

Monday, June 4, 2012

Donate & support my particiaption in this year's AFSP: Out of the Darkness Overnight Suicide Walk!!!

Salam/Hello!!!

I’m going to be participating in the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention’s Out of the Darkness Overnight Anti-Suicide Walk again, in the San Fransisco Bay Area, on the 9th. & 10th. of June, 2012. It would be great if you all could join me in this walk. But, if you’re not able to, at least donate online to my profile donation page, or tell others about this event. Suicide is a very serious issue that is a growing problem in the U.S., especially among our youth. Please, support me, in my efforts, to promote Suicide-Awareness & Suicide-Prevention. I’m trying to use my participation in this walk as a platform, to promote activism within my respective Muslim-Community, because unfortunately, Muslims are not given a lot of press, when we do partake in noble causes such as this one. Rather, we’re almost always portrayed negatively in the media. So, basically, it’s my intention to be a representative of the Muslim-Community at this walk, but I need help to raise as much money as I possibly can between now & June.

This is the link where you can go to to register for the walk with me and/or donate:

http://www.theovernight.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&eventID=501&participantID=5925

No comments:

Post a Comment