Gareth Bryant's Pageviews

Monday, October 31, 2011

9/11 (Ten years later):

Even the mere utterance of the household phrase "9/11'' still sends chills down people's spines, invoking fear, fueling the fire of anger, and encouraging hate to resonate in people's hearts. But, why does September 11th still grasps the attention of Americans, whom many were not even alive to even witness the shocking events that took place on that day?!!! I have an answer for that, it's called the blame-game. The American people have not been allowed to heal, from an event that has killed more American civilians, on American soil ever (more than the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, HI in 1941, the race riots of Tulsa, OK in 1921, the first NYC World Trade Center bombing in 1993, the bombing of the Federal building in Oklahoma City, OK in 1995, and the U.S. Embassy in Kenya in 1998 combined) because they've been lead to believe that 19 Muslims, Arabs, Saudi nationals, had the sophistication to breach NYC & Washington, D.C. airspace, and wreak havoc on America, by crashing into buildings that represent the financial & military prowess of the United States.

When a person is injured by someone that they love, and then they're told that someone else did the damage, it is a lot easier to accept that fallacy. But, over time, the psychological & emotional trauma from that injury will not heal, because the person refuses to admit that the person that they love would ever do something hurtful to them. Likewise, with these attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon in 2001, the American people have not been able to heal from this tragedy, because they've accepted this obvious lie that some big-bad terrorist network, once headed by someone who has spent nearly the last twenty years, dwelling in caves in Afghanistan, suffering from Kidney problems, before his pronounced "death" this year (conveniently during a Presidential election year), had the capabilities to complete such an intricate & complex task.

Unfortunately, many of us, as Americans, we just love to be entertained & to be lied to. It allows us to not have to take out enough time, use basic intelligence and/or enough integrity, to seek out the truth of things. It's a lot easier to accept a lie, as opposed to the truth. And, the truth is that the attacks on September 11th were orchestrated by our own government, on the highest levels, to promote an agenda that places them directly into the realm of global domination, by using things like a "terrorist attack" to push policies that give more power to the U.S. government, and even less power to the American people, along with promoting their military war-machine in places like the Middle-East.....no question about it. The results of this event, as tragic as it was, has also placed the Muslim-Community, globally, on the for front of being potential, inherent terrorists-in-the-making. I've even recently met someone, who was injured in Iraq & actually just became a Muslim himself, who admitted to me while we were talking that this whole "war-on-terror" is a complete lie & that the U.S. military are tyrants. Unfortunately, most Americans, especially U.S. servicemen will not manifest enough courage to admit something like this.

The whole religious-extremist, Islamists, Islamic-Fundamentalists angle has basically been thrown out into the media, to be internalized by the American people, to keep them thinking that Islam & Muslims are the enemy. I seen the look of anger & fear on people's faces every time I go out of my home, whenever I'am at Yankee Stadium, whenever I've ever been on a plane, every time I go to the movies, there's always someone, somewhere, who me & people like me, just because I'm a Muslim, just because I have a beard, just because I may be reading the Qur'an in public, that I am a terrorist, or at least not that far from it. Even among people whom I've grown up around around, even those who've known me before I even became a Muslim, have been deeply affected by the lies & deceit that has been projected about Islam & Muslims in main-stream media. But, I as an individual am supposed to just accept the lies along with everyone else.....nah, not me. I refuse to to allow myself to be lied to, especially when the lies are going to directly influence how people will forever view my religion, and my fellow practitioners of my religion.

Now, I'm no fool...we all no that unfortunately, Muslims have used religious justification to commit acts of terror against people, but what group of religious fanatics historically have not done such a thing...we remember the Inquisition, right?!!! But, to say that 19 Arabs high-jacked four planes, by only using box-cutters, and to breach NYC & Washington D.C. airspace to crash into the Twin Towers & the Pentagon, and not only not intercepted, but not even detected...I mean, c'mon...that's a lil' ridiculous!!! There was a man by the name of Robert McIlvaine Sr., who lost his son, Robert McIlvaine Jr. at the World trade Center on 9/11, and was also interviewed for the 9/11 documentary, Zero, who had this to say,"I'm not a conspiracy-theorist. I'm a parent looking for the murderer of my son. And, you have to be a moron to think that 19 Arabs did it!!!"

It's been ten years since the tragedy of September 11th took place, and I still find myself, having to explain that Islam doesn't condone violence, that Muslims are not terrorists, that we're not the blood-thirsty tyrants that we're portrayed as being, who want to wreak havoc on the Western/American way of life, in the media, as if I'm being put on trial by virtue of the fact that I am a Muslim. The perpetuation of these fallacies will only allow the U.S. to play & perfect their divide-and-conquer game, to continue to push non-democratic policies, that infringe on the basic rights of Americans in the name of "national-security"/"national-interest", and to increase the already clear-and-present hatred as well as fear that many Americans have for Islam & Muslims.

The only way that America & the American people can truly heal from this tragedy is honesty. We need to stop blaming those who were not involved: Islam did not attack the U.S. on September 11th, Muslims did not attack the U.S. on September 11th, and the Muslm-World did not attack the U.S. on September 11th. I'm really sick & tired of even Muslims taking this apologetic stance against what happened. Was it tragic what happened on September 11th...of course, was it unjustified...of course, but, is Islam responsible for what happened, are the Muslims responsible for what happened, hell no.

#I'm just sayin'!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment