Gareth Bryant's Pageviews

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My thoughts on Aisha Khan:



Author's note:
This poem is in commemoration of Aisha Khan, a student at Johnson County Community College, in Kansas, who has been missing since December 16th, 2011. It is my sincere hope that this poem will raise awareness about her & will also encourage anyone & everyone with any type of information about her to come forward & cooperate with the proper authorities working on finding her.

Aisha Khan:

I don’t even know you; yet, I love you.
You’re my Muslim sister; although we don’t have the same parents, we’re siblings in faith.
The bond that you & I share is like so spectacular, it’s divinely inspired, and it’s just great.

I don’t even know you; yet I miss you.
The fact that you’re distant from me hurts.
Knowing that you
re missing is the worst.

I don’t even know you; yet, I want you to come home.
Please, come back to your family & those who’ve expressed love & care.
Please, come back to us; we are concerned about you & we’re in despair.

I don’t even know you; yet, I’m hurt that you’re gone.
It happened so suddenly & without any warning.
I keep thinking that you’ll be back in the morning.

I don’t even know you; yet, I feel empty not knowing your whereabouts.
Not knowing where you are or how you are doing is very unbearable.
The reality of you not being around is just simply incredible & stressful.

May Allah protect you & bring you back to us safe & sound where you belong, Amen!!!

Gareth Bryant/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment